Monday, August 16, 2010

3 Hair questions? (Why does it ';Bend';, why wont it curl, and deep conditioning)?

Ok, so I have 3 questions about my hair. But you should probably know a little bit about my hair first.


Ok. So when I was 2, my hair was completely curly. the my mom cut it, it went completely straight. Now, even if it blow it out, I get like its straight against my hair until about my ears, then it like bends out or like poofs out, and goes straight again like an inch lower. Also, I have real problems curling it. Lastly, I want to deep condition it, but its kinda greasy (or ';shiny'; if your my mom...) so I want to know a couple things about that. Ok my questions are:





1. Why does my hair do that bending thingy? How can i get rid of it? (oh btw I have curling iron, but my mom wont buy me a flat iron, because she thinks my hair is ';too straight anyway';)





2. Why won't my hair curl? What would be the best thing to curl it with? (ex: Curling iron (what diameter?) Hot rollers, or those squishy ones you sleep in. (I have a curling iron (1 1/2 in) and hot rollers, but where could i get the squishy ones you sleep in?) Also, are there any products that would help it curl? (I can't curl it when its wet, it poofs out and looks really gross)





3. What kind of conditioner should i use to deep condition? (Currently i have head and shoulders, the green one) How often should I deep condition it? (Oh btw im a preteen)





Kay, Thanks In Advance, and thanks 4 taking the time to read this. :)


Love Ya!


Katee =)3 Hair questions? (Why does it ';Bend';, why wont it curl, and deep conditioning)?
Yeah I used to have unmanagable hair, but then I learned the trick to managing it-time each morning





Shiny hair is beautiful! You don't want dull dead looking hair! But if it really is oily then shower more often! Shower an hour before you go to bed, any earlier and your hair will be real greasy in the morning.





1) Because thats the way your hair folicles work. Curl your hair from bottom to top- all the way to the top and hold it there and count to 10 if its real difficult.





2) because your heat settings aren't high enough and your not holding the curling iron on it for a long enough time. Maybe the pieces of hair you're trying to curl are too big. Take 1/4 inch sections of hair and try it, you'll get perfect curls everytime. Turn your heat settings up to the maximum. Get a small curling iron (1/2 inch or less). I used to have the same curling iron as you and I had the same problem- that curling iron gives you waves, not curls so thats your issue.





3) Use pantene time renewel conditioner- its made for real damaged hair but it works wonders on all hair types!3 Hair questions? (Why does it ';Bend';, why wont it curl, and deep conditioning)?
..
It's hard to say. You may have over processed, which may effect the way it's curling. Everyone's hair is different, and there really is no way of knowing why someone else's hair does what it does. The best thing to use for hard to curl hair are hot rollers w/ that steam. The best time to use them is when you've just washed and dried your hair (air dried or blowdry -- after washing, your hair still obtains some moisture).





Pre-treat your hair with some heat-activated hair product (The brand Beyond the Zone is a good choice, I use this: http://www.beyondthezone.com/turn_up_the_heat.aspx You can find it at Wal-Mart or anyother beauty supply or drug store. Best thing, it won't hurt your pocketbook). Put the hot rollers in, and let them SET until they are COMPLETELY cool.





Once cool, remove them out slowly, and let the curl sit. Finger combing is best after this, but you can touch up with your curling iron and comb just to fine tune. Over conditioning can also result in weighted down, unruly hair, so beware of this as well.





Trial and error, that's all it is. Over-processing with a flatiron will absolutely take the life out of your hair....so your mom is wise at this point. Once you start using a good flat iron, it'll be really tough to ever curl your hair again. They're really damaging....I know. :D





Good luck.





PS: Keep your conditioner AWAY from your roots...let it set on your ends only. Heavy conditioning can really weigh your hair down, and give you a greasy look.
hi, yeah i'll try to answer :)


erm i'm not sure about the first two, but whatever conditioner you are using, try putting it onto dry hair every couple of weeks and then sleep with it in your hair, and rinse it out in the morning :)


put a towel over your pillow so it doesn't ruin anything xxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment