Monday, August 16, 2010

Major HELP! Velcro rollers?

I have straight hair and I used these velcro rollers. Yes, they are amazing and do stick to your hair, but I'm having MAJOR issues with them.


When my hair is dry and I take out the rollers, they stick to my hair. Then I try to take them out slowly, but they basically destroy my curl, pull my hair, and frizz up my straight hair.


So, can you give me tips on how I can remove these rollers EASILY? I do know the steps of rolling your hair and clipping them, but no one ever mentioned how to take them out without destroying your hair.Major HELP! Velcro rollers?
Hey, I use velcro rollers 3-4X a week, on my hair and my boyfriend's. They can be a pain to take out if you're not used to them, but I love em! The key is to make sure each strand of hair you're putting on the roller is fully brushed out, before you roll it up. Brush it out and then run the roller itself through the strand, all the way to the ends. Then wind your hair on the roller.





When you're taking them out, it's key to remove any hair that's stuck to the underside of the roller -- if you start to unroll, and it's stuck, just pull the stray hairs (gently) off the roller and continue unrolling.





I promise it gets easier! My BF used to complain whenever I took his hair off the rollers -- now he won't leave the house without his hair curled!





Enjoy!Major HELP! Velcro rollers?
You're supposed to just slide them down the hair slowly and carefully. If that doesn't work for you, maybe Velcro rollers aren't for you. I've used them in the past and vow never to use them again because they damaged my hair every time.
I say don't use them, because I think they only work for certain people, with certain types of hair. If you're hair is thick, I wouldn't use the Velcro rollers. Use the plastic. If you have thin hair, the Velcro should be alright!
Move them down your hair as slow as you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment