Monday, August 16, 2010

Answer to Joahn: Has anyone with natural coarse hair gotten a roller set if so how did it turn out?

Joahn,





I tried to post, but somehow deleted and now I cannot re-post. here is the answer. Sorry for the crazy format!





Pay no attention to people that tell you that natural hair cannot be rod set! I had my natural hair rod set 2 weeks ago. I received many compliments. It lasted one week; until I washed it.





You need a rat tail comb, rods (in the curl size preferred), end papers, water spray bottle, setting lotion, and leave in conditioner. Begin with a clarifying shampoo to remove residue. Follow with a hydrating shampoo and conditioner. Divide your hair in six parts. De-tangle each section and pin. Carefully roll small sections of hair. If the hair dries, re-moisten with water.





Sit under a hooded dryer. Carefully unroll each rod. Spritz daily with oil sheen (I use Carol's Daughter Tui Jojoba %26amp; Shea Butter Sheen). Sleep with a Satin bonnet. It will slowly fall each day. I'll admit, it is time consuming! I won't attempt it again on my own. I don鈥檛 have a hooded dryer and it frizzed. A salon will do it for you, but it will be a little pricey. Good luck!Answer to Joahn: Has anyone with natural coarse hair gotten a roller set if so how did it turn out?
Thats interesting. I have not done a roller set yet. Maybe i should try one. Usually I stick to protective styles. Good info :)Answer to Joahn: Has anyone with natural coarse hair gotten a roller set if so how did it turn out?
yes it will frizz a little but you may have to but some heat to like a Curling iron are something
  • blue hair
  • view myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment