Thursday, August 12, 2010

What's your best advice for using hot rollers to curl hair??

I've got a set of hot rollers that I rarely use, but I'd like to start. Part of the reason why I don't use them that often is because I really don't like the way they turn out (too poufy, almost makes me look like Shirley Temple). Do you have any advice for getting good curls from hot rollers?





I usually just use the largest rollers and roll my hair up to about ear height. I have hair that goes down to the middle of my back. Should I try a different size roller?? Should I roll up higher, or not roll up as high?? How should I prep my hair before I use the rollers??? What should I set the style with when I'm done (I'm not a big hairsray person, but I will use it if that's what everyone says is best).





Thanks in advance for your help!!!What's your best advice for using hot rollers to curl hair??
There is a heat set spray that you can put on your hair before you roll it that makes it hold much better. Use the smaller rollers in the front and the bigger ones in the back, that helps too. I usually make sure I have dried my hair completely before I roll it, so it doesn't get any weird kinks in it. Make sure your hair is straight on the curler when you start to roll it, if you have a kink in the end your curls will look silly when you take them out and it's hard to undo. Also make sure the curler is completely 'cold' before you take it out, or your curls will fall. To set it, use an aerosol hairspray. Sorry but it works the best. Do not use a 'pump' hairspray, they wet your curls down and your hair will go flat! Just play around and find out what works best for you, everyone's hair is different and you'll have to experiment to see what you like!What's your best advice for using hot rollers to curl hair??
i have the same problem, i put the rollers in when my hair is like 85% dry, that reduces the puffyness, and also use gel and water to keep the curl, not hairspray, gel makes it smoother
maybe it's the size of the rollers. And you need to put grease or hairspray
  • blue hair
  • view myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment